Home

About Kirby's Healthy Cooking


Welcome! My name is Kirby Miller and I am a home chef, self taught cook, lover of reading food blogs and cookbooks, teacher of in home healthy cooking classes, and a writer of my own healthy recipes. Along with this I am also a wife to a wonderful husband, a mom of two dogs, and a Kindergarten teacher!


Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Italian Chicken

This is a really easy weeknight chicken and can be served with any veggies/ pasta combination. I buy the frozen chicken strips from HEB and defrost them in room temperature water for about 8 minutes. So simple! Marinate the chicken in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before cooking and you will get a great flavor! This is what I served with the Creamy Kale Pesto Barley Salad with Roasted Tomatoes.


Italian Chicken

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast or 2 chicken tenders
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
½ tablespoon dried or fresh oregano
½ tablspoon dried or fresh basil

Marinate chicken with all the ingredients.

Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Put chicken in skillet. Flip every 4 minutes. Cook for about 12 minutes. Cut in the middle to make sure the chicken is not pink. If it is cook for about 1 more minute.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I love when she makes me chicken...it is so good! Wait till she posts the vinaigrette chicken, my fav!